Membership scholarships are available throughout the year for those who can afford only a partial payment of the $45 membership fee or for those that need their fee waived for one year. We are happy to send an application to anyone who is interested. We generally offer 20 waived memberships a year to those who need it.
Conference scholarship applications* are available from January 1st- April 1st to paid members of TSSUS. All applications must be submitted on or before April 1st to be considered. If you are a paid member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the application and specific details. This does not apply if you have already received a scholarship for conference from TSSUS for the previous year.
- Priority is offered to those applicants who have never attended a conference as well as those in the region in which the current conference is taking place.
- Due to limited scholarship funds, funds offered waive a portion or all of the registration fees only and do not include airfare or hotel lodging.
- Scholarships are made possible by proceeds from fundraisers held by TSSUS.
- If you receive a scholarship, you may be required to write a letter of appreciation to TSSUS or the specific donor.
- There are people that will not be able to attend the conference without some financial support, so please only apply if you cannot attend without financial help.
- We would love to offer everyone that applies a scholarship, but our funds are limited. We adhere to a formal review process. If you are not granted a scholarship this year, feel free to apply again next year. Also, if you miss the early bird registration deadline while your application is being reviewed, we will grant the early bird fee after the deadline.
College scholarship applications* are available in the fall to paid members of TSSUS from October 1st - February 1st. All applications must be submitted on or before February 1st to be considered. If you are a paid member, please email email@example.com to request the application.This does not apply if you have already received a scholarship for college from TSSUS for the previous year.
- All applicants must have completed one year of college/university or one year vocational/technical school. Please provide proof of registration, and/or an acceptance letter if transferred.
- Scholarships are not available for online courses.
- Those that have received the “Deans List” status will be eligible for a complimentary annual membership through the TSSUS.
- TSSUS will offer a $500 scholarship check to the approved applicant in a college/university. Funds awarded will be sent directly to the approved applicant.
- TSSUS will offer a $250 scholarship check for the approved applicant in a vocational/technical school. Funds awarded will be sent directly to the approved applicant.
- Scholarships are awarded annually.
Camp scholarships applications* are available to paid TSSUS members of TSSUS throughout the year. Athletic scholarships are available and made possible by Katie Braun from fundraising efforts in honor of her sister. If you are a paid member please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. This does not apply if you have already received a scholarship for camp from TSSUS for the previous year. Camp scholarships are awarded between $50-$200.
- Camp is defined by TSSUS as a program or event that offers a positive benefit to an individual with TS. Camp may include programs such as a Girl Scout camp, a sports camp, sport related fees, music or arts related fees or tuitions. The review committee determines the benefit of the request in relation to the other application requests. Direct any questions to the Education and Resources committee through email@example.com
* Restrictions: Only one scholarship application will be excepted per calendar year. This includes scholarships for membership, conference, college and camp.
Thanks to all the donors and fundraisers that allow us to make the opportunities available to our worthy members.